Hosting an in home pop up boutique might seem overwhelming at first, like its way too much work... But it doesn't have to be! Use this quick checklist to ensure your party is fun, engaging, and results in a lot of free clothes!
- Invite Guests. Ok, Duh…. But this is really a key part to getting people to actually attend your party! Invite everyone you know. Facebook event invites are a great way to do this and communicate to your friends, but consider sending an email or text out to personal contacts as well who may not have Facebook or log on very often. Invite people you know from the gym, play groups, PTA, church, yoga.... everywhere!
- Tell your guests they are welcome to invite friends! The more the merrier. Remember, more guests typically means more LLR purchased (which means more free clothes for you!).
- Remind guests about the party. This is best done a few days before and then the day of the party. Facebook messages are great for this, but consider calling up girls who haven’t RSVP’d yet and giving them a more personal invite and maybe explaining more what the party is all about. A well-worded mass text is great too! Keep it short and sweet: “Hey Ladies! LuLaRoe party is tomorrow at my house, 2pm! 4 words: Butter leggings and wine ?. Let me know if you need my address!”
- Clean out any rooms that guests can use as changing rooms. You may not need them all, but lots of people like privacy! Keep that in mind. We’ve been to parties where guests go into the garage, master closets, bedrooms, etc. to try on their clothes.
- Have a full length mirror handy. If you don’t have one, the LuLaRoe consultant might. Either way, coordinate with her because this is essential! People will want to see what they look like head to toe. You can find cheap full length mirrors at Target or Walmart.
- Turn on some tunes! You can make fun playlists on Spotify or even just turn on the radio. Music definitely helps give your party a fun vibe!
- Offer some snacks. No need to get really fancy, but what’s a party without snacks! We recommend selecting 2-3 simple snacks to keep your guests content while browsing the boutique. Avoid anything too saucy or something that causes a lot of “finger residue” (like chips, wings, etc) since that can interfere with the shopping experience. There are lots of great party food ideas on pinterest – check out our board of party ideas here.
8. Offer some drinks. You don’t HAVE to offer alcohol, but if you do, your guests will stay longer! You don’t have to have a full bar for your guests, but consider making a signature cocktail for a crowd like sangria, margaritas, or a fun lemonade. Or even better…. Buy this cool watermelon tap and serve drinks inside the watermelon! Keep in mind that you should always have water available to guests as a backup, no matter what types of drinks you offer. TIP: Add ice water with sliced lemons and limes to a drink dispenser – instant glam!
9. Wear some LuLaRoe! You are like a walking billboard for getting ladies to buy more items (and get you more free stuff). Rock your favorite leggings or Julia and make sure to accessorize so your guests can see how versatile the collection is!
10. Last but not least, have fun! This is a party we’re talking about after all. Don’t forget to socialize with your friends and get yourself some LuLaRoe goodies!